Skip to content
Starting Out
Account Closed
  • Torrance, CA
Votes |
Are you making money investing in California?

Account Closed
  • Torrance, CA
Posted Nov 14 2017, 23:06
Hey BP, Just curious if there are any investors who could give some advice or share their personal stories about how they’ve invested successfully in California. Some quick info about me: I’m 24, college student, two part time jobs, and am studying real estate/RE finance so I️ can buy assets ASAP. I’m based in Torrance CA which is an expensive place to live. I’ve looked at multiple multi family buildings for sale in Torrance, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, El Segundo, and Long Beach, and when I️ run the numbers I see that I️ have a NOL. Most of the time the income generated by the building won’t even cover debt service. I want to avoid investing in “hood” areas where it is les expensive like Inglewood due to stories my uncle (a landlord in Long Beach) told me when he bought 62 units in Long Beach about 20 years ago. Am I️ looking in the wrong places? Should I wait out this sellers market and buy during the next down cycle? What would you do in my shoes? Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any responses.

Loading replies...