Securing the funds to get started.

2 Replies

Good Morning, for anyone reading this now.

My question on top of the one already posted Is, do you think Bird Dogging can help build relationships and provide the funding for closing my first deal?. I personally don't feel all too comfortable Bird Dogging cause they usually will leave you out the deal when it's all set and done, happened to me many times in the past. What I will love to do is some fix & flips instead of that to start securing those large funds for my REI, unfortunately I'm a poor college student haha. Is there anything i can do in the real estate community for someone that can bring in the proper funds to land my first deal. I tried HML, they wont lend to me apparently i need at least 3 properties under my belt. Any advice?

I wake up everyday and ask myself how in the world am i going to get $20,000 or more as a college student to start this  real estate thing. It's sort of forestalling my goals as i read and listen to everything i can on here in a day it all comes back to that one question as a beginner "getting the money to start" which I'm sure 80% of people can agree is the problem.

To start REI, without knowing anyone rich or any prior experience that will grant me a HML and sometimes even a PML, what are some of your ideal thoughts?

My  guess would be wholesaling?

Life is never a race to riches. You work hard, live a conservative life style, save every penny and the money will come in time.

IN your case give yourself a couple of years of employment after graduating and see where you stand. You will have more pressing issues to resolve first, possibly student debt.

Investing is not a way to get out of debt it is a method used to make your money earn it's keep. But first you need money.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here