Little Money, But Plenty of Time!

Little Money, But Plenty of Time!

Ypsilanti, MI · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes

Hello Fellow BP Members!

I am highly interested in getting started with Real Estate investing. My interests lie with Fix and Flips as well as buy and holds.

My question for you all is if there is a way for me to really get started with little money to invest? Can anyone who has done this give any insight for me? I have read several forums and books on the subject, however I am a little apprehensive  about getting started with little money invested. I just feel like I would constantly be turned down. How can I combat this feeling?

While I have little money, I have a lot of time that I am willing to invest to learn the processes and the leg work. I can offer much administrative support as this is where a lot of my work experience lies  as well as some handy work. I am very eager and willing to learn!

Any advice is welcome! I'd love to hear some of the creative ideas fellow members have come up with to get started (or continue going) in this business.

0Reply
9 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    8y

    Lauren.

    You can get started with little money. What you need is to learn as much as you can so that you can invest with no money down. 

    What I would do is I would contact investors who are in your local area on BP. Message them and tell them you want to follow them around and help them for 3-6 months for free! You'll learn much more than money can buy and then you can begin to invest on your own. 

  • Ypsilanti, MI · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    @Antoine Martel Thank you for the advice! I think I would definitely benefit from shadowing someone for a few months.
  • Investor · Newark, DE · Member since 2014 · 245 posts · 198 votes
    8y

    You own your own home... If you have equity, you can take a home equity loan and use the money as a down payment on your next property. That is how I started. Good luck!

  • Ypsilanti, MI · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    @Rumen Mladenov Thank you for your advice! I have considered that, but I wasn't sure how that would work, as I have only been in my home  for two years. This is something I definitely should still research as I want to get started very soon.

  • Realtor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2015 · 211 posts · 104 votes
    8y
    Lauren Reed Hi, what is your level of administrative support?
  • Ypsilanti, MI · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed I have experience in Marketing / Social Media management, Website creation and document control. I also have over eight years experience in customer service roles and managing customer service teams and accounts retention.

  • Realtor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2015 · 211 posts · 104 votes
    8y

    @Lauren Reed Thanks for the info, I would like to talk with you further in regard to admin support, please email or call me. Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.