• Montgomery, AL
Votes |
College Degree Advice

Aaron Millis
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Montgomery, AL
Posted Nov 30 2017, 10:14

Hi BP community,

I am not really new to BP I have been involved for over a year now, listened to basically every podcast (many more than once), read a handful of the books, and actually purchased my first investment property earlier this year. Over the past few years it has become more apparent to me than I have a passion for entrepreneurship and more specifically for real estate investing. 

All of that being said I recently got out of the military and am looking forward to the next chapter of my life. I have started going back to college with the plan of getting a business degree, really just because in my mind that makes the most sense. I do not think that a degree is extremely necessary for me to obtain with goals of being a full time real estate investor one day, however because of my situation with the military I have the GI bill available - which basically means I can get to go to school for free. So not going seems like it would be a waste since I know that the cost is the reason most people might not go to college. -- Also the govt pays me money for living along the way, so all the more reason to go to school

My main question is if there is anyone that can relate to my situation what type of degree would you propose that I pursue?? Im currently going to Auburn University and the have business degrees such as finance and entrepreneurship... but I do not know which one makes the most sense with my goals in mind. Also not to get too into the military benefits but I have a lottt of free schooling available, like roughly 8 years worth.. not that I intend to go to school that long.

I understand that it takes time to become a full time investor and that I will need income to bankroll my investments, and to receive loans etc. I do not know what type of actual job I will want in the real world I just know I want it to be related to Real Estate. I could go more in depth but this is already longer than I wanted it to be. Thank you to anyone who puts in their 2 cents.

-Aaron

Loading replies...