driving for dollars and vacant homes

2 Replies

hey everyone hope all is well. I am fairly new to the investing world and real estate currently working on my first flip and getting closer to finishing that project and hopefully selling it fast. in the meanwhile i would like to fill my funnel and get ready to do my next deal/flip based on the type of work i do i drive a lot all over town "essentially driving for dollars" i started to write down address of vacant/distress homes which may have potential for rehabbing and selling them. My question now that I have the address what's the next step , How do i track down the owner and get in  contact with them (not afraid of calling them if i can get their number and talking to them on the phone),   or their current address were i can be able to send them my information and show my interest of buying their home.   

any information or advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you 

Try your county's GIS map, it should have the owner's name listed.

Edit:  https://cobbcounty.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5811&Itemid=2155 Click Parcel/Property Search, may take a minute to load.

Agreed, the GIS information is highly helpful in any county and almost every county has that information. Start by mailing out letters to these leads and keep in mind its a number game. Experts in wholesaling say a 2% return of phone calls per mailing campaign is a good turnout. 

Once you have all the owners information you can certainly go door knocking and ask in person. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.