Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Cody Winter
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
How BP has encouraged a healthy obsession!

Cody Winter
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Jan 9 2018, 07:05

Hi BiggerPockets community!  

So I have been lurking on this site for a while but have not really been a part of any good discussions. I have met someone in person from   BiggerPockets who is doing what I plan to be doing soon in my area (Orlando), shout out to @Andrew Ashby 

A little background before I get into the main content. I have always been what my wife lovingly refers to as arrebatado which basically means spastic and all over the place in spanish. I get really excited and hyper focused by things or ideas short term and then turn my attention to something new. As you can imagine this sometimes frustrates her to no end. I also have had a very addictive personality and I am always trying to channel that energy into good outlets.

My main obsessions which have never left me are reading books and playing video games. Something about video games gives me a gamer high by completing lots of small tasks in an enjoyable way. Video games however do not make me any money and take away time from my kids so I have been really looking for an alternative for the past 5 years. Well I am happy to say that learning about real estate investing has been that alternative for me in the last 8 months. 

I don't recall how I stumbled across BiggerPockets but it was the best thing that has happened to me in a while. It got me listening to the podcasts of which there are only a few I haven't listened to at this point. That in turn has lead me to a reading list that has truly given me a paradigm shift in my life. I average about 8-10 books a month at this point on either real estate investing or general business and motivational subjects. I am scheduled to take my Real Estate Sales Associate exam on January 18th and I am looking at how to do my first deal. I couldn't be happier. I have a true passion that is the healthiest obsession I have ever had. These connections would never had taken place quite the way they did without the BP community! So a big thank you to @Joshua Dorkin and @Brandon Turner as well as all of the amazing BP community members! 

I look forward to posting so much more in the future and I wish everyone a very successful new year!

Loading replies...