William Aung
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
Afraid of falling behind

William Aung
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Posted Jan 17 2018, 19:41

Hi everyone!

I've only come across real estate investing about 2 months ago when I got my first full-time job and was searching for ways to become financially stable and independent. I have never found something that I have wanted to truly and desperately pursue until now and have been absolutely addicted to soaking in as much information as I can.

I've been knocking out blogs and forum threads whenever I even have a little bit of extra time and have gone as far as sneaking wireless earbuds under my beanie so that I can listen to 3-4 podcast during my work hours.

I've been slowly looking at my local market and analyzing a few deals and always fantasizing about ways of how I could make it work to possibly acquire them at that current moment, but there are some obstacles I need to push through first.

I have a balance of a couple grand on some credit cards(no missed payments) that I've been rapidly trying to tackle as this is my first step into opening more possible options of an early purchase even if I may not have a downpayment stocked up.

Before, my initial plan was to keep on learning and educating myself with as much information that I could while saving up enough cash in order for me to be ready to house hack a property by the beginning of next year, but as I've started to learn more and more, I can't help but want to get into the process as soon as I can.

I'm only 20 so technically I do have a lot of time to prepare, but I still feel as though I'm behind just because of how fast real estate investing is growing and in a time where markets are already hot.

Maybe it's just reassurance that I need to hear that "I will be okay" even if I were to join the game a year later. This is just something I've wanted to express for these past couple weeks now.

Loading replies...