Votes
Victor Baronich
  • Ocean Springs, MS
Votes |
Help a new investor get into wholesaling

Victor Baronich
  • Ocean Springs, MS
Posted Jan 25 2018, 12:49

Hey guys,  I currently have a very strong background building houses, and have never been apart of a real estate transaction.  I am wanting to get into wholesaling in order to make some quick money to pay down the mortgages on our rentals.  I am having some trouble wrapping my brain around a few concepts. I have searched for answers but can't seem to find my exact questions.  I have read Phil Pustejovsky's book and watched tons of videos. I am on the cusp of spending the $15k to join Phil's training program.  Maybe someone can point me to a post or video or just enlighten me on these questions and save me the money:

1.  How are you finding these "distressed" deals?  It seems to me that most people are putting out signs such as the "we buy ugly houses", or maybe a craigslist ad.

2.  Exactly what type of contract are you using, and what are you saying to a homeowner to "tie up" the house.  Why would someone sign a contract with you which prevents them from selling their home, while they wait on you to find an investor buyer?  Is there a catch that I'm not aware of? My guess is that if you can't find a buyer, you are on the hook to purchase the home.  What if you can't get the capital to do this?

3.  Where do I get this contract?  I have asked my lawyer and several real estate agents, and they said just download one off the internet.  These seem to be geared toward traditional transactions, and I can't see how they apply to the creative transactions.

Other than that, this is how I am thinking the flow of the transaction goes:  find the deal -> "tie up" with contract -> find buyer -> sell contract to the buyer for a profit.  let the investor close with the homeowner.

Is that correct?

I am very excited, and willing to learn.  This is just very new.  Thanks for any help!

Loading replies...