Hey Everyone!! My Name is Zoh and I am a newbie looking for suggestions on a CPA & Attorney that are super real estate focused (MFH) and are based in the bay area, CA preferably in Oakland. Working on obtaining my first MFH before end of March. I would like to be proactive in setting up my real estate properties by working with the right people. I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
There are many ways to find a savvy CPA
1. Biggerpockets search function - Use the search function to see if a BP colleague requested a CPA in your area. This method allows you to reach out to the BP colleague and ask who they interviewed with, who they decided to go with and if they like working with their CPA. Below are posts from BP colleagues who requested a CPA in your area.
https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/134... You may want to send a message to the thread starter of the above links.
I noticed that you recently requested to connect with a CPA in _______. I am currently in the market for a CPA and I would like to inquire who you ended up choosing. Thank you for connecting and let me know if there is anyway that I can help.Thanks,______
2. Keyword Alerts - Add the keyword alerts "Bay Area" and/or "California". You will notice that there are certain members frequently respond to posts that have these keywords. Send a message to these members and see who they use as a CPA. Connecting with members who have a pro membership have a higher tendency so be more serious and provide you a good recommendation.
3. Real Estate Networking Events - These events contain investors with similar tax profiles as you. Network and see who they are using for a CPA. You can find local networking events through the BP events section or meetup.com
4. Reach out to CPA who works with clients remotely - You may want to reach out to a CPA that works with clients remotely. Working with a remote CPA who has experience in real estate is better than working with a local CPA who does not serve real estate investors. Technology advancements such as email, phone calls, skype has enabled communication with a remote CPA to be seamless. There are many CPA's on this site that work with clients remotely.
In the meantime - feel free to ask any tax related question. I would be more than happy to help give my opinion.
Good luck in your search!
Thank you very much!!! I will certainly look into this.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing