Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Miles
  • South Lyon, MI
Votes |
Fastest way to $2,000 net cash flow?

Ryan Miles
  • South Lyon, MI
Posted Feb 11 2018, 18:43

I'd like to spit ball a few ideas I am thinking about to reach my goal of $2k net monthly cash flow. 

I currently own a condo free and clear that is worth aprox $65,000.  I make about 50K pretax a year at my job.  I have little savings. 

One option is to save for a down payment on a multifamily home, and move into the smallest unit and rent the rest. I would also rent my condo out for about $900 before HOA, taxes, and repairs. I would then save for a down payment on another multi family or a single family home.

Another option would be to use the equity I have now to finance a single family home, and use the brrrr strategy to acquire more single family homes. 

Yet another option would be to sell my condo, use an FHA to buying a quad-plex, and the remainder of the money from the condo to get a loan on another quad-plex.

My goal is to hit $2k net monthly cash flow as soon as possible. I'd like to get their and still own this condo free and clear if it is doable. However, if using the equity or selling the condo would help me get their faster, I am open to that too.

What would you fine people do if you were in my situation?  Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my post!

Loading replies...