Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Sarah T.
  • Florida
Votes |
How difficult was it to qualify for FHA loan?

Sarah T.
  • Florida
Posted Mar 2 2018, 23:24

My plan is to start investing late this year/early next year. I graduated in December and am trying to build capital right now. My parents are willing to lend me money as well. I work three part time jobs and can't look for full time until after my one month trip abroad this summer to see my grandmother in her failing health.

After that, I will start looking into conventional or FHA loans when I find a full time job. I'm concerned that this one month gap and part time jobs will make it more difficult to get a FHA loan as it seems they want to see stability in income and employment.

Would I have to wait after working another year full time to even consider looking at loans? I guess I'm just being impatient to start ASAP. There is a multifamily property 5 minutes from my parent's house that would be a great first buy but right now I'm not ready.

I'm wondering how students right out of college were able to qualify for the loan. I read that the lenders consider your time in school as well. Any insights and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...