• Wilsonville, OR
Votes |
Investing in Notes Foundation

Brian Bradley
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Wilsonville, OR
Posted Mar 14 2018, 20:41

I was listening to a podcast on BP about passive investing and purchasing underperforming notes and secondary notes. It blew my mind and I became obsessed with the idea of buying notes. I have been obsessively diving into this alternative investment strategy so that I have more tools in my tool bag.  

But, that then begged the question, how to get educated and what books are worth the time to read. The sad thing is not many people even know about investing in notes, let alone actually invest and are successful investing in notes. Those that are tend to keep their cards close to their chest. I hunted down experienced professionals whose business solely is investing in notes and read the books they recommended. Here is what I found to be worth the read and homework before investing in notes.

• 1. ebook Introduction to Note Investing by Dave Van Horn found in BP – thanks  @Dave Van Horn
  • 2. Win-Win Revolution - by Bill Bymel – thanks @Cody Cox 
  • 3. Real Estate Note Investing – by Dave Van Horn
  • 4. The Bankers Code - by George Antone
  • 5. Invest in Debt - by Jimmy Napier
  • 6. Unlimited Wealth: The Theory and Practice of Economic Alchemy - by Paul Zane Pilzer
  • 7. The Worldly Philosophers: the Lives, Times And Ideas of The Great Economic Thinkers, Seventh Edition – by Robert L. Heilbroner

The books are based around first the initial foundation and fundamentals of what is a note in its most basic form and how to invest in notes and what to do with them. Then progress to how to structure a business around investing in notes. This is a personal business.  Then to overall structure of money, where does it come from? Where does it go? How money flows and the basics of finances and economics to better understand the banking and mortgage industry. The added bonus, the books are very easy books to read. Start here, and build your foundation so that you are educated and can communicate to other note investors and possibly find mentors. But do not jump into this side of investing without first building a sold foundation. 

Bradley Legal Corp Logo

Loading replies...