I was listening to a podcast on BP about passive investing and purchasing underperforming notes and secondary notes. It blew my mind and I became obsessed with the idea of buying notes. I have been obsessively diving into this alternative investment strategy so that I have more tools in my tool bag.
But, that then begged the question, how to get educated and what books are worth the time to read. The sad thing is not many people even know about investing in notes, let alone actually invest and are successful investing in notes. Those that are tend to keep their cards close to their chest. I hunted down experienced professionals whose business solely is investing in notes and read the books they recommended. Here is what I found to be worth the read and homework before investing in notes.
- 1. ebook Introduction to Note Investing by @Dave Van Horn found in BP – thanks @Dave Van Horn
- 2. Win-Win Revolution - by Bill Bymel – thanks @Cody Cox
- 3. Real Estate Note Investing – by Dave Van Horn
- 4. The Bankers Code - by George Antone
- 5. Invest in Debt - by Jimmy Napier
- 6. Unlimited Wealth: The Theory and Practice of Economic Alchemy - by Paul Zane Pilzer
- 7. The Worldly Philosophers: the Lives, Times And Ideas of The Great Economic Thinkers, Seventh Edition – by Robert L. Heilbroner
The books are based around first the initial foundation and fundamentals of what is a note in its most basic form and how to invest in notes and what to do with them. Then progress to how to structure a business around investing in notes. This is a personal business. Then to overall structure of money, where does it come from? Where does it go? How money flows and the basics of finances and economics to better understand the banking and mortgage industry. The added bonus, the books are very easy books to read. Start here, and build your foundation so that you are educated and can communicate to other note investors and possibly find mentors. But do not jump into this side of investing without first building a sold foundation.
Thank you for the mention. Your list of books are really good. @Dave Van Horn is an excellent resource.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing