I am a new investor currently absorbing as much info as possible to start out on the right foot. Can you recommend books (or other sources of info) to learn more about:
- Self Directed IRAs: Pros/Cons, how the process works?
- REOs: I have found bank sites listing properties. Are there real estate agents who specialize in this area or do I prepare my own offer? How is the financing unique? How do I learn about this option?
- Renting next to a college/ university: are there special considerations? extra wear and tear, summer vacancies and other considerations? How does renting a single family home room by room compare to a duplex or 4 plex?
- Last one... I was told at a local networking event that the average equity held in real estate nationally is at 50% and most home owners have low mortgage rates at around 3%. Therefore in the next economic downturn we will not see a large foreclosure rate like we did last time, and the real estate investments are more secure now. What is a name for this so I can research this topic more as well to verify/ validate these ideas?
If you have read helpful books on any of these topics, let me know!
For a lists of lenders that will lend to IRAs, see the following.
- IRA Wealth by Patrick W Rice
- Leverage Your IRA by Matt Allen
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing