Creating one LLC for Real Estate investing/ Uber driving

5 Replies

Hello everyone, quick question. Is it possible to create one LLC to invest in real estate AND drive Uber?

Hello @Shannon Robinson

Ideally you would want to separate them due to being 2 different primary business practices. Could draw a lot of red flags to government regulations.

Plus regarding asset protection if something were to happen through driving Uber and you get sued, all assets (your real estate portfolio) could be at risk.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and I am not providing legal advice.  I would recommend discussing with a layer.

Create an LLC and have two separate DBAs for both companies and tax purposes

Thanks everyone, your responses are definitely appreciated and it gave me some great insight and understanding.

@Shannon Robinson

I am not sure a DBA provides you any additional tax protection. It simply allows your company to go by a different name.

If you are operating a vehicle to operate a business - the carrier may require you to have commercial insurance on the vehicle.

Is the car that you are driving valuable? 
is the real estate that you own valuable?

depending on the value and your tolerance - you may not want to combine the 2 assets/businesses under one LLC.

Basit Siddiqi, CPA
917-280-8544

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.