Who's succeeding in Lehigh Valley, PA REI??

Who's succeeding in Lehigh Valley, PA REI??

Wholesaler · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 124 posts · 81 votes

Hi All,

I'm taking a very serious look investing at Lehigh Valley, PA. With my wife itching to return to her home state (She's from Bucks County) its becoming more and more of a possibility will be relocating to the area from Tarrytown, NY very soon.  All the research I've done (And I've done a lot!) indicates that the area is experiencing substantial economic and growth.

Wondering if there any BPer's out there that are currently investing in Lehigh Valley that would mind sharing some of there successes (and failures) with me!  Where are you investing, what type of properties are you buying and what made you invest in your respective area?  Who's are some knowledgable realtor/investors I should connect with?

Looking forward to hearing you success stories (and nightmares because there's even more to learn from others mistakes).  Can't wait to hear from you all!

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Dave LinPro Member
Insurance Broker and Real Estate Investor · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2014 · 229 posts · 73 votes
8y

@David Ribardo @Joe Colasuonno @Justin Brown

Hi @Franky Aikens.   I had tagged a few folks. They should be able to answer your questions. 

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave LinPro Member
    Insurance Broker and Real Estate Investor · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2014 · 229 posts · 73 votes
    8y

    @David Ribardo @Joe Colasuonno @Justin Brown

    Hi @Franky Aikens.   I had tagged a few folks. They should be able to answer your questions. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Allentown, PA · Member since 2012 · 92 posts · 80 votes
    8y
  • Wholesaler · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 124 posts · 81 votes
    8y

    @Dave Lin: Thanks for plugging those folks!  Really appreciate it!!

    @Joe Colasuonno: Thanks!  Further confirms my findings in the research I've done - LHV is where it's at!!!

  • Justin BrownBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Allentown, PA · Member since 2017 · 343 posts · 156 votes
    8y

    Nice article @Joe Colasuonno! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Allentown, PA · Member since 2016 · 197 posts · 181 votes
    8y

    @Franky Aikens - there are tons of investors succeeding in the area. For any given strategy, there are people who are crushing it in the Lehigh Valley market. Flips, buy and hold rentals, hard money lending, you name it.  

    I recommend you check out some of the local REI Meetups, both in your local area and when you get down here. They are a great place to listen to experienced investors share successes (and horror stories!) as well as ask questions to help you get started.

  • Rental Property Investor · Larkspur, CO · Member since 2018 · 198 posts · 179 votes
    8y

    @Franky Aikens, you may have heard it already, but if not, there's a podcast where the guest was investing in the Lehigh Valley area. 

    Can anybody remember who that was?? I believe it was 2017 or newer. Maybe 2016.

  • Allentown PA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    I think the LHV is a great area to invest in. I actually find DT Allentown to be a charming place with huge potential. I am a newbie investor, who is trying to invest from out of state and for me the most challenging is getting a good team of people set up (i.e. property manager, contractors, loan officers, accountants, lawyers, etc.). Definitely start connecting with others (if your local through meet ups and the forum) and figure out what type of investor you want to be. My aim is buy/holds with cash flow, but there are many other strategies that people are using. Also figure out who you want your market to be, who do you want to attract to your properties, because that I think will help you to narrow down on where to buy in the LHV. You can go rural, urban, college student populations, families…the LHV has a little of everything.

    The podcast is a guy from Bethlehem named Bryce Stewart, episode 276. He gives some good insights on the area and has also started his own youtube channel about investing, worth checking out if you are new to the “biz."

  • Rental Property Investor · Bedminster, NJ · Member since 2014 · 217 posts · 60 votes
    8y
    Joe C exciting news! I saw an ADP building near where I live, I guess not for much longer
  • Rental Property Investor · Allentown, PA · Member since 2012 · 92 posts · 80 votes
    8y

    @Stephen Kunen definitely a positive thing for downtown

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.