Planning a Path to Full Time Investment

Planning a Path to Full Time Investment

Member since 2018 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hi everyone, 

This is my first post - I am a student in the business school at Boston University, concentrating in real estate and finance. I am interviewing for some internships at commercial real estate brokers for next summer, but my ultimate goal down the road is to be someone who invests in and manages properties full time. Right now, I'm planning on trying to get a job at a large commercial real estate broker when I graduate, so I can continue to learn more about the business as I begin to invest. Really I am looking for any kind of advice from people who have transitioned from part time to full time investors. I know this is what I want to do, so if anyone has any tips or suggestions about how to start out doing this when I graduate I would really appreciate it and love to talk with you.

Thank you!

Sean

1Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Westboro, MA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 471 votes
    8y

    @Sean Christman

    Welcome to bp! 

    Focus on your first deal, what areas are you looking into, how do you plan on financing the deal? 

    Keep listening to the podcasts, books, BP is a wealth of knowledge! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.