When is the right time to start?

6 Replies

I’ve been learning as much as I can about realty investing, but I have one question looming over my head. Is it too early to start buying property? I’m 20 years old with a small investment portfolio started. I don’t have a lot of steady income though. I’m putting myself through school which is coming with debt. Any advice?
Originally posted by @Darian Doan :
I’ve been learning as much as I can about realty investing, but I have one question looming over my head. Is it too early to start buying property? I’m 20 years old with a small investment portfolio started. I don’t have a lot of steady income though. I’m putting myself through school which is coming with debt. Any advice?

What is your "small portfolio" generating?

Invest and let your cash flow put you through school.

Start now, 10x your dreams and find a way to make it happen. The only thing you need to wield is a legendary work ethic and to not give up.

Man I’m 19, just dropped out of school, have been doing this actively for a couple months and am going to be a millionaire by my 20th birthday next June.

Don’t listen to people around you, seriously just Fing don’t.

I wish I would of done what I wanted to in school which was buy a place and rent to my friends.  If you can take that 10k and somehow turn into a place to live with roomates that cover your expenses and put money in your pocket I would go for it.  I am closing on a student rental friday and have another lined up after that. Students can get you large returns so might be worth looking into.