In need of Purchase and Sale Agreement

In need of Purchase and Sale Agreement

Shelton Connecticut 路 Member since 2018 路 5 posts 路 3 votes
Hello Bigger Pockets Community, I'm looking for a simple 1 to 2 page wholesale purchase agreement that is specific to Connecticut that contains the assignment clause and other pertinent information. I checked the archives, but not able to find exactly what I needed. I'm trying to get my 1st property under contract, so I'm hoping someone may be able to assist me or point me in the right direction. Thanks for all your help in advance. George 馃榾
0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Nicole A.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor 路 Baltimore County Maryland and Tampa Florida 路 Member since 2013 路 2k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
8y

You can also get a basic RE sales agreement form from Staples. Yes, it's hardcopy, but you can easily re-type it into a Word document.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent 路 Southington, CT 路 Member since 2008 路 5k+ posts 路 3k+ votes
    8y

    @George Wells Have you looked on the fileplace here on BP? A lot of helpful docs on there. 

  • Shelton Connecticut 路 Member since 2018 路 5 posts 路 3 votes
    8y
    Thanks for replying so soon Michael Noto ! Indeed I did check some out. I basically downloaded them to my iPhone but I cannot edit them and send them via email. I would have to edit them and then send it to the seller. Is there an app that does that? I鈥檓 kinda trying all of this for the first time and don鈥檛 want to mess up along the way. Thanks again!
  • Investor 路 NEWTOWN, CT 路 Member since 2016 路 80 posts 路 23 votes
    8y

    @George Wells

    Here's the link for CT MLS forms. Use either the standard form contract or purchase agreement.

    https://smartmls.com/forms/

    There is no wholesale purchase agreement form. Get the property under contract using a standard form and language such as "[buyer or entity name] and/or assigns" or note in the additional terms "Buyer has the right to close in the entity of their choice." Then use an assignment of contract form with your new buyer.

  • Shelton Connecticut 路 Member since 2018 路 5 posts 路 3 votes
    8y
    Thanks so much!!! Really appreciate the info and link! Haven鈥檛 done my first anything in real estate yet , really want to do my first wholesale deal so I can gain knowledge and be consistent/confident going forward. You helped tons!
  • Rental Property Investor 路 Florida Panhandle 路 Member since 2018 路 21 posts 路 2 votes
    8y

    Great thread, I'm in the same position now but I"m in Florida. I am having so much trouble locating an editable purchase and sales agreement. 

    @Stephen R.

    The PSA you linked to seemed so basic, with no mention of surveys, closing costs, etc. Would you complete a more detailed contract at a later date, after securing the property with this form? 

  • Nicole A.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor 路 Baltimore County Maryland and Tampa Florida 路 Member since 2013 路 2k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    8y

    You can also get a basic RE sales agreement form from Staples. Yes, it's hardcopy, but you can easily re-type it into a Word document.

  • Member since 2018 路 7 posts 路 4 votes
    8y

    Have you heard of Flipman on Youtube?  Just search 'Flipman Contract' and he has multiple videos giving away the contract he has been using for years. He uses a purchase & sale agreement for both the seller and the buyer. He says it works for his students all over the country. Its simple and clean. He also has videos going over exactly how to fill it out!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.