Votes
Chris Yeakel
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
10 Unit Starting Out

Chris Yeakel
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Jul 12 2018, 08:37
Hi all, Quick background: My name is Chris. I’ve been studying real estate investing for the last 6-9 months via BPP, forms, books, etc. I still haven’t entered the market yet but it’s going to be one of my next (and biggest) steps. My wife works for a property management company (300+ unit experience) and my dad has his foot in commercial real estate ownership/management. I’m also a former Marine and currently studying corporate finance at the University of Washington. I know it’s better to start small, fail small, and learn as you go; while also playing the get rich slow game and building credibility and personal equity. I’m not looking to hit a home run on my first deal, but I feel it’s necessary to consider the massive benefits of economies of scale via purchasing multiple doors. My question is: Is it realistic/ reasonable for someone in my position to go after and search for a +/- 10 unit property with help from other investors? I have experience around me, but all I have is “book” knowledge. Thanks for any advice and please feel free to connect if you’re interested or have questions in the Greater Seattle market. Respectfully, Chris Yeakel

Loading replies...