Votes
Kyle Cost
  • Longview, TX
Votes |
What should be my next move

Kyle Cost
  • Longview, TX
Posted Jul 17 2018, 20:56

This is my first post on here.  I'm looking for guidance on how to get started investing in real estate.  So here's where I'm at currently.  I own a home in Texas that's worth about $125-130k.  It was a foreclosure I bought in 2014 for $87,000.  I put 20% down and completely remodeled the kitchen, bath, and got it looking  like a home again.  I lived there until the end of 2016 when I moved to Spokane, WA.  I owe about $62,000 on my home in Texas and rent it out for $1,000 a month.  The mortgage is $585 per month so I've got a cash flow of $415 per month, but right now most of that is going toward paying off some things that I had to get fixed.  It's got a brand new furnace, central a/c, range, and water heater.  I have a little over $20,000 in savings right now and I'm interested in buying house in Spokane.  The market seems to be on the rise here and I see a lot of potential.  I'm looking for something that needs updating, but could really be worth a lot of money once it gets fixed up.  The market is really hot in this area right now so people are wanting top dollar even for their fixer uppers.  I know there's money to made in this area though whether that's from flipping, wholesaling, or rentals.  In my current situation I only feel comfortable spending less than $150k on a home.  What would be your next move if you were in my situation?

Loading replies...