User Stats

Votes
Krista Bean
Votes |
Having trouble finding tenant for condo in Hyattsville, MD

Krista Bean
Posted Jul 20 2018, 15:05

Hi everyone!

I have been listening to the BP podcast for a few weeks now and am new to the boards. :)

Anyway, I thought this may be a good place to ask for help. My husband and I own a 2 BD 2 BA luxury condo in a gentrified area in the suburbs of Washington, DC near a metro station.

Our costs for our condo will be $2100/month- mortage is a 15 year mortgage at 1.5% interest, HOA/Utilites payments are $500 a month, property manager (a friend) will be $100/month for a total of $2100. We are trying to charge $2200 for rent.

We are trying to move cross country ASAP but this apartment is a headache. It has been 2.5 months on the market. Not a lot of interest. We have it listed on: Craigslist, Zillow, Apartments.com, Padmapper, Trulia. We have had 3 people apply for the unit. 1 had horrible credit so was rejected. 1 was nice but disappeared. 1 we offered to and they chose a different place for location. 

Similar apartments nearby are around $2000 a month, but they aren't like ours- ours is a top floor corner unit, hardwood floors, new appliances, overall it's much nicer than other ones, plus utilities are included, unlike other places.

It's really frustrating for me because I already quit my jobs and I just want to get out of here and re-establish elsewhere. Any advice? We bought a nice camera and are planning on taking better pictures of the property (they are already good IMO but they could use to be better).

Here's a link to our Craigslist listing if you guys have any ideas for what I could do to get this place rented out:

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/apa/d/2-bdr-2-ba-penthouse/6632452497.html

Loading replies...