Should I use the equity in my home for a flip?

Should I use the equity in my home for a flip?

Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes

Hello again all.

I have some equity in my home and want to take it out and go after my first flip.

Is it a good idea? Any advice you can give me when it comes to this process. I will be partnering with a contractor so he would be responsible for the materials/labor and I'd be responsible for purchasing the property. 

0Reply
18 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Paradise Valley, AZ · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    It depends. The average Fix & Flip in the USA takes 6 months from purchase to closing the sale after the flip. The average Gross Income is $67,000 per flip. After you subtract rehab costs, carrying costs, closing costs etc - the average Net for a Fix & Flip after 6 months is $15,000.

    Are you willing to risk your home to try to beat those odds?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.