Jessica Muto
  • Investor
Votes |
Figuring out financing for our first deal

Jessica Muto
  • Investor
Posted Aug 1 2018, 19:37

Hello,

My husband and I are new to Bigger Pockets and are enjoying all the information, resources, and support it has to offer. We currently live and own a plumbing company in Carlsbad, CA and are eager to start building our little real estate empire. We've begun the process of looking for a market, finding real estate agents, lenders, and property managers to help us. I have to admit I have a little FOMO at the thought of deals I am missing because I don't have our financing all figured out. I know in theory about creative solutions like partners and seller financing and house hacking, BUT putting them into practice in the right order is another story. We're working on conventional financing (20% etc) but that's going to limit us tremendously in the opportunities we can take advantage of. I guess you could say I am looking for logical "next steps" in exploring asking people to invest with us (how to decide terms, etc?) or talking to the right people (brokers, lenders, sellers, etc) about other options. What the best way to say, "Look, I've heard of this creative option on Bigger Pockets, but I have no idea how to do it, so do you want to invest with me?" while still inspiring confidence? :) What are some ways you more experienced people began branching out from the conventional methods?

Thanks for reading this far, and for not laughing too loudly at my questions, and in advance for your tips!

Cheers,

Jessica

Loading replies...