Investor from abroad, how to start???

9 Replies

Hi,

I'm a real estate investor from Israel. I'm interested in quick flips. I read a lot of material on the subject and learned a lot from the net in recent months.  I want to take my first steps on the subject. I'd love to hear from you how to get started especially because I have to make all the investment from afar at least in the beginning.

I would love to hear from the experience of overseas investors and to receive recommendations from people who can help me.

I'd love to hear from your experience.

Thanks,

Vered

Hey Im in the same position myself just waiting for a few offers to be accepted. 

The key was speaking to property managers and brokers in the city you want to buy in and get their advice as far as neighbourhoods and deals. 

They know the market place and have an interest in making sure you buy a good property. 

Id suggest asking for property managers/brokers recommendations here then speaking to them on the phone to get an idea of what to look for 

@Daniel Harbuz

Hey Daniel,  It's great to hear from people in the same situation, thank you for your recommendation, I will definitely check out recommendations for property managers and brokers, this will be my next step in the project, I hope to receive such good and reliable recommendations.

I'd love to hear what area you're going to invest in (if it's okay with you :))

Thank you, and good luck to you too!

Chuck Norris pee is usually the answer to any and everything! Have a head ache, Chuck Norris. 

Snake bit you and you have 3 seconds to live? Chuck Norris!

So.. the same way, Website is your answer to anything Real estate investing (heck, anything business).

Want to flip? Website

Wholesale? Website!

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR? WEBfrigginSITE!

You need leads. periods! So you need a performing website. Especially if you are doing it long distance you need a website. Hard to do DMM from Israel!

Once you get that set up, THEN think about the infrastructure. Get "feet on the ground".. find people where you find your deals that can work with these leads and get contracts signed.

But before anything, you NEEEED a steady inflow of leads and this is done best, via a ranking website!

Ask Chuck! He agrees with me!

Hi Vered.

My wife is from Israel and has family their still. My wife is a flight attendant and does the JFK to TLV route regularly.

We did several flips with the family here in Florida, mostly in the Orlando area. It’s tough being an investor from far unless you have local people you trust, like family, or have the ability to fly in regularly to check on the properties.

It’s quite easy to be taken advantage of if you’re not around.

If you ever have any specific questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If you’re looking for an investment group, maybe I can put you in touch with my family there as they work with other investors.

invest here, maybe start on a light rehab or medium rehab hold for 1 year first..or house hack....

graduate to flips later...

@VERED CHI-MATAN

welcome to this great community..

my best advice for you is to learn through Bigger Pockets it is the best place to gain real education..

feel free to ask nay questions, again knowledge is key for successful investing

Good luck and have enjoy

Hey @Darren Lenick @Matt Berklacy

Thanks to the recommendations, I did a bit of research on the Florida area and its cities, and I'm afraid the prices are a bit above my budget as a start, so I'm not sure it would be right for me to start there. Most of the investors I spoke with invest in the North because prices are lower and are available to almost every new investor. I'd love to hear what you think, which area is best to start with a small budget.