16 year old finding a way to get into real estate

2 Replies

Hello bigger pockets!

I am a 16 year old trying to find a way to get into real estate. My first thought would be to wait until I am 18 to possibly get my real estate license and can then put my name on the title of any properties I buy. Another idea I had would be that if buy a deal before I am 18, put my parents on title. However I am wondering if there is a better way or faster way to get into real estate. Thanks for your suggestions in advance!

If I were you, I would try to get a part time job with someone in the construction industry. Those kind of skills and knowledge will be incredibly valuable as an investor. Save all of the money you can and then when you turn 18 try to start building your credit. If you can find a deal and enough money to purchase before you turn 18, you may be able to get it with a trust then have the trust turned over to you when you are 18.

You can also start making connections by offering yourself to put up bandit signs for wholesalers, searching the MLS for investors, analyzing deals, etc. There are a lot of ways to get your foot in the door, it will just take some effort.