Finding motivated sellers

12 Replies

I’m located in the south Florida market. I’m getting started with my marketing to find motivated sellers. I’ve wanted to do bandit signs because I hear they work but I don’t know how the county would react to the bandit signs. I plan on setting up a callrail account to handle all the calls. What strategies does everyone use??

Most areas don't allow bandit signs which is why most people who use them put them up and take them down while the people who enforce that regulation aren't working.  Just expect to get less calls than you think you will, because that is how it shakes out for most people.

From what I've heard, read, and done on my own, focus on one strategy and be the absolute best at it. I'm doing direct mail and It's all I'm focusing on, and I can tell you it took 6 months to get rolling, but at this point we go and see houses almost every weekend.

If you're doing bandit signs, just do bandit signs, direct mail just do direct mail, facebook marketing just do that. I'd say stick with something for at least 6 months and don't bounce around.

Originally posted by @Kevin Patino :
I’m located in the south Florida market. I’m getting started with my marketing to find motivated sellers. I’ve wanted to do bandit signs because I hear they work but I don’t know how the county would react to the bandit signs. I plan on setting up a callrail account to handle all the calls. What strategies does everyone use??

Hi Kevin, I have seen a lot of people utilizing bandit signs, but will want to know what the city / county rules are for bandit signs. Some people have been putting them out early in the week and have been gone over night. There are a lot of other ways to find motivated sellers. Social Media / SEO / Google ad words, all can be helpful if you have a site set up. 

Going to the county office and getting lists of divorces, foreclosures, absentee owners etc. will be helpful, then you can send direct mail, look the people up and either knock on doors or cold call. Also going to REI meet ups and getting advice from others and working to grow a network is also very helpful.

Originally posted by @Kevin Patino :
@Karl Hinkel if I was to use bandit signs if I put them up Friday late afternoon and pick them up Sunday night do they still get taken?

They can still get taken, really depends on the cities/county rules. Some are more strict than others, some people have completely moved away from bandit signs while others rely on them. It is something that may have different results at different times. 

I'm in South Florida as well. I would strongly recommend you skip the bandit signs. First of all, they are down fairly quickly. Secondly, they are such a tired marketing method down here . I don't wholesale personally as I think it has a terrible ROI but if you are inclined to seek out distressed properties, the only real scalable option are FB advertising as @Account Closed suggested or direct mail with an well organized, scripted telephone program.