Tips for my first REIA

2 Replies

Hello everyone! I’ve read enough books, listened to all the podcasts and I’ve decided to take action and figure everything out as I go. 

I've decided the first logical step to take is attending a REIA meeting. I will be going tonight abt. 6pm. Currently 8 am here in Houston.

I’m assuming the answer is going to be to talk to some people. Being a complete novice and only having read information, I’m unsure. 

I’m 24, no money, not so great credit. 

Luckily, I’m very confident, so I have no problem saying I’m new or starting conversation with strangers. 

What questions should I ask, or where should I guide the conversations to get the most bang for my buck? 

What are some goals I should have for the meetup today? 

How should I introduce myself? 

I think it's a great idea to just go in and try to get to know someone. Maybe your goal could be to set up a 1 on 1 follow up coffee meeting with at least one person. You don't have to learn everything about them in one go. But if you genuinely try to get to know one or two people and start to build up a relationship, it will be a lot more sincere than just trying to ask 10 people how they got started.