Is getting your real estate license worth it for new investors?

3 Replies

Hey BP family,

I wanted to get some opinions on how beneficial it would be to get my real estate license as someone who is just starting off in real estate investment? I'm looking at it from more of a learning/networking stand point then from a save money down the line on commissions stand point? It's also important to note that I do have a full-time job already (it's in outside sales which does give me some flexibility). Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!

Originally posted by @Kevin McGevna :

Hey BP family,

I wanted to get some opinions on how beneficial it would be to get my real estate license as someone who is just starting off in real estate investment? I'm looking at it from more of a learning/networking stand point then from a save money down the line on commissions stand point? It's also important to note that I do have a full-time job already (it's in outside sales which does give me some flexibility). Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!

Not this early, no. First few deals at least, you need an agent holding your hand. Once you get to the point that you don't need an agent, you will know because you won't have to ask. :)