What is the best way to find good contractor?

What is the best way to find good contractor?

Investor · Hamlet, NC · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 6 votes

Hi there,  recently bought a couple properties that need some repairs.   My problem has been finding good contractors that don't break the bank.  I don't mind paying for quality work,  but don't wanna go broke either.

So any suggestions on how to locate someone would be appreciated.   I plan on buying more properties and have the funds to float the note a bit till homes are repaired and rented.  Just know I'm losing money everyday till it's complete and I have tenants.

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    8y

    First of all - do not buy any more homes until you get these ones fixed up and cash flowing!

    I have seen so many people buy buy buy and they haven't even completed their first project because they get so excited when the see a deal.

    I would recommend using homeadvisor.com to find a contractor. If that doesn't work then contract your local agent or property management company and see if they have any recommendations for you.

  • Investor · Hamlet, NC · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Thanks for the advice.  I Already have a few homes.  Just having a time finding someone this time.  I don't plan on buying anymore till these are good.  Definitely don't have that deep of pockets, lol.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.