How does closing work when paying w/ cash? Need lawer? etc...

1 Reply

Ok. I think I've figured out how to pay with cash up front. I can use a HELOC for some cheaper homes starting out.

But I don't know how closing will work now. I'm guessing I'll need a lawyer who will do a title search etc.. to make sure there are no issues with buying the house etc...

What else will I need?

I guess I need to know what closing costs I'll have to pay and essentially how to protect myself just as I would be if a bank were handling this for me. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Contact a title company. A title company should be involved no matter if the deal is on or off market. They will calculate closing costs, do title search, take care of recording and transfer taxes all that stuff.