Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Otero
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Manhattan, NY
Votes |
RECEIVED FORECLOSURE LIST IN MY CITY!! BUT DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Bryan Otero
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Manhattan, NY
Posted Mar 19 2019, 16:25

Hello All,

My name is Bryan Otero and I am old but new to bigger pockets. I have been following the site since day 1 but stuck on paralysis analysis mode for YEARSSSS. I just finally realized that it is time to wake up. I just graduated from Baruch College for Real Estate Investment and Development and became a real estate agent in NYC for about six months now. 

My objective is the Invest out of state since I have family all over Connecticut. Also, I am currently reading David Greene's book on investing out of state. I feel out of state is best to utilize my time and money since NYC is so expensive.

Anyway, I contacted the tax assessors in my city and they gave me a list of all foreclosures in my area. Some addresses on the list are pre-foreclosures, auctions, sold, foreclosures etc. 

I guess my question is what do I do with them? I looked on google and don't know what to do with the list? I am sure that the list is very valuable not to mention other investors might have them as well, but I just don't know how should I handle it. Any scripts you guys can send me? Any resources that I can learn to figure out how to find a motivated seller through this list and start wholesaling. I know wholesaling is hard but I feel it will be a better way to start out. My credit score is good and all and I do work two jobs which is Uber and Real Estate but I am not sure the bank will give me a loan for a house since I never bought one before.

Please if anybody has any advice I would really appreciate it! Thank you again and hope to connect with you all!

Loading replies...