Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Luis Barrios
Votes |
Fortune Builders or Renatus - beginner looking to get started

Luis Barrios
Posted Mar 29 2019, 10:47

My wife and I are planning to invest in our first property in the next month or so. We will either purchase a property at an auction or do a short sale, etc. We are new at this and since we are doing this with out a realtor or other partners we lack access to contracts, forms, procedures and legal paperwork needed for our first deal.

We know that we want to purchase a property using either a hard money loan or a private lender, rehab it and list is as an airbnb in Providence, RI (where we currently live). After that, will will refinance with a bank and take the lump sum and repair (essential BRRRRing the property). We are extremely confident in the Airbnb model as it has worked for us in our current home for the past year (we own a 2-family home and list the 2nd apartment as a short-term rental).

My wife and I both attended a Fortune Builders workshop last year and where inclined to invest in their Jumpstart program simply for the access to the contracts, forms, legal procedures and their back-end-office system. We also have a friend who invested in the Essentials program thorough Renatus, which essentially offers the same but at $2k investment instead of $9K with Fortune Builders.

Do any of you have any experience with either programs? Is one better than the other? Are they different? And the most important question: Is there any way to get access to these forms, contracts, legal procedures for our first deal, for free or for less than the $2k-$9k investment?

Thank you all so much for your input!

Loading replies...