Starting real estate with section 8

2 Replies

Hello Guys, 

Its a pleasure to be around you guys in this group. I am new into real estate and I was think if its possible to start with buying properties and give it to section 8. I am thinking about getting around 5-6 properties by the end of this year. I have found 1 which is 8 bd and 2 bathroom (duplex property) They both are section 8 tenants. the cash flow from that property after expense will be around 750 per month. I was wonder If its possible to make upto 5K profit from section 8 properties a year. I was wondering if anyone is doing this or someone has done this and thinking that it is a good idea. 

Thank You guys 

The idea of section 8 is what originally got us interested in real estate investing. There really is no difference between section 8  and any other housing besides where the money originates from. You may want to be even more picky with who your tenants are since people tend to treat property a little worse if it’s not their money paying for it, but the good thing is it’s guaranteed income since the government does not miss a payment 

@Aziz Wali  “give it to section 8.” That statement concerns me. No Landlord gives her property to section 8. We simply agree to except the voucher as an income source. 100% of the landlord and is still on you and your tenant is in Alisa same as any other tenant. Don’t go into section 8 landlord in because you think it’s easier. Low income investing in general is not easier pier it requires an astute knowledge of your landlord tenant laws and a lot more time than middle income investing. Just going to this with your eyes open. Go hang out at your Landlord Club meetings and talk to Sec 8 landlords. Maybe volunteer to do some of their property inspections so you can see what you’re getting into.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here