Recent letter to a beginning real estate investor

Recent letter to a beginning real estate investor

Rental Property Investor · Madison, WI · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 12 votes

 This is a copy of an email I sent to a beginning real estate investor last week. It’s just some random thoughts on real estate investment based on my 35 years in the business.  During that time we have purchased over 200 properties. We currently own and manage 100 single-family homes and small apartment buildings in the University of Wisconsin campus area as well as several farm properties.  The following is intended for beginners but it’s possible seasoned investors may find an idea or two.      

2Reply
11 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Canton, OH · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Jeff Tallard

    Nice tips Jeff. Thank you for sharing!

  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, WI · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    I appreciate you taking the time to read it CJ

  • Rental Property Investor · West Bend, WI · Member since 2015 · 931 posts · 598 votes
    7y

    Very good points @Jeff Tallard I agree with you and run my portfolio much the same way, especially with regards to amort schedule, if is dosnt meet my cash flow needs on a 15 its not a good deal. I do hire Management in my different markets, as I do a poor job of PM so I have great teams working on that.  I hope some newbies and maybe some more seasoned can get a few nuggets that stick out of your letter.  Thanks for sharing 

  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, WI · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    Thank you for taking the time to read it Scott

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.