Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 4 votes
I am new to RE, first time buyer. I would like to purchase a duplex anywhere in the Bay Area. Currently living in San Francisco, I can move for a house hack. I would feel comfortable buying 300-450k putting 20% down. I’m a self-employed business owner with no debt and a great credit score. I am willing to fix the property and hold it.
Is this a realistic $ range?
Will I have any luck in duplex foreclosures?
Would purchasing in Napa be a good idea? Or anywhere in Northern California? To then Airbnb it.. I have excellent hosting experience.
I’d love to connect, chat, or grab coffee with anyone who has knowledge in this area.
I would like to begin building relationships with people in the industry in hopes to find a partner after my first purchase.
Investor · Napa, CA · Member since 2016 · 95 posts · 62 votes
7y
A couple items.
Napa county does not allow airbnb except for a handful of properties that have licenses of which two are on the market currently and asking prices exceeds $4,000,000+. The city of Napa has 49 licensed Airbnb homes and the permit travels with the deed. Currently one is on the market with an asking price of $1,500,000+
In the 9 Bay Area counties the only county where you could stay in the mid $400's on a duplex is Vallejo. Vallejo happens to be the best market in the Bay Area and nationally to invest in real estate. Just Google news articles on Vallejo real estate. I currently own multiple properties in Vallejo and looking for more.
If you need a Realtor referral for that market let me know.