Any advice for someone starting off in chicago??

2 Replies

Names Tommy, I’m 22 and I’m from N Chicago.

To give a idea on where I’m at ... I’m currently reading Brandon turners book “The book on rental property investing” I read the beginners guide, ive been watching the weekly webinars for about 3 months and also listen to the BP podcast daily. Working a lot and saving as much as I can. I’m in the labors union, local 4. Also I’m blessed to have a dad who let’s me still live at home to save all the money I make to invest.

My end goal is to be able to quit my job and be a Full time real estate investor. When I make about $7,000 a month through my rentals will most likely be when I’ll be able to do that.

I’m leaning towards a house hack on a multi family in a decent area for my first property. If anyone has some advice or some knowledge they’d like to share I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

If anyone has some advice or some knowledge they’d like to share I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

@Tommy Calkins   Start building your team, real estate broker, attorney, mortgage broker, banker, contractor, handymen,inspector,....  you'll need them to be a full time real estate investor.