• Long Beach, CA
Votes |
New member with 20k capital looking to invest out of state

Vuthy Seang
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Long Beach, CA
Posted Jun 14 2019, 20:19

Hi!

My name is Vuthy Seang and recently discovered Bigger Pockets. It has changed my whole mindset about REI. I never thought it would be possible to do what I hear others have been doing.

I have been listening to as many podcasts as I can on my drive to work stuck in traffic and reading David Greene’s book on long distance investing. As much as I would like to invest in my hometown of Long Beach, CA, it is just not possible for me at the moment. So I am focusing on investing in an out of state market.

Currently looking at the Memphis, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Detroit and Cleveland markets. Unfortunately I only have about 20k capital at the moment. Is it even possible to get started with that amount? I can get more if needed. I have a credit score around the 800 range, no debt other than my credit cards which I pay off every month and low living expenses currently.

I would love to connect with property managers, real estate agents and contractors in the cities I mentioned. So excited to begin this journey with you all!

Loading replies...