New CT investor looking to build a team

8 Replies

Hello Biggerpockets,

Id like to properly introduce myself. I'm a newbie investor with 1 deal under my belt that's cash flowing great. I'm a electrician that resides in simsbury, CT looking to network with local investors in central Connecticut. I have been a member here for 4 years and this place is great. Since joining I have purchased a 3 family buy and hold and a single family primary residence. My first investment was a turn key type of property financed with a FHA loan that is cash flowing great. After countless hours of reading and listening to podcast I am convinced my next investment needs to be something that I can add value to and not go the turn key route. I'm in need of a investor friendly agent with connections to help me assemble a team to locate deals, rehab properties, get financing, and place tenants in the property. If anyone is in need of electrical services feel free to reach out to me.

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi @Patrick Sheridan ! I am a new to bigger pockets, but your post stuck out to me because I am from Farmington CT :) I'm happy that you have found success in that area, I was afraid the market was going down hill with all the major corporations moving away because of higher taxes etc. Which town did you buy your investment property in? and what makes you feel the area is good to invest in? My guess is the good school district.  I would potentially like to invest in something near there one day since it is my hometown. (I'm in Dallas now) Thanks in advance!

@Patrick Sheridan - Hello Patrick - I am a realtor in the Midstate area. I usually cover New Haven - Waterbury Area, but find myself in the Valley (Derby, Ansonia and Shelton) and Bridgeport/Fairfield as of late. I work with investors and flippers and I am very familiar with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD and other foreclosure companies. I would love to connect with you if your interviewing Realtors.

@Kathleen McCabe

Thanks for replying. The property is in Bristol CT. CT in general isnt doing too good as you already know. I'm starting off investing in my back yard. Staying in the central ct area. There are better towns than Bristol I'd like to invest in, just need to dig for a deal.

@Patrick Sheridan Welcome to BP. i have a few rentals in New Britain and West Hartford. I grew up in CT and moved to TX only a few years ago. I actually worked in Simsbury for a number of years so i know that area very well. I have an entire team assembled and am happy to provide their contact information. Congrats on the Bristol property but i agree there are better towns in the central CT area. I am happy to help in any way that i can. Just let me know! Feel free to send a PM and we can talk more. I also may take you up on your electrical services if my guy is tied up.

I lived in Bristol.  The cash flow might be great but the appreciation rate is abysmal

Hi @Patrick Sheridan

Yes I agree, this is an awesome site. There are also a few good local Facebook groups that I'd recommend PM me for details (I'm not affiliated with them, it's just another great place to network locally). 

And yes, I agree that after you've gotten your feet wet, it's time to start pursuing some deals that you can ad value to. You're on the right path. I primarily work between New Haven and Meriden, but I manage 3 properties in New Britain. I've got a great handyman. He works on the New Britain properties but he's based out of Hartford. PM me if you'd like his number.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here