Investing from outside of the U.S.

Investing from outside of the U.S.

Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hello all,

I am an overseas contractor for the U.S. Government and obviously out of the country for the next year or so. Since I have been out here I have really started to dig deep into real estate investing. I have been listening to the Bigger Pockets Podcasts, reading books, and checking out multiple markets. I am currently looking to buy houses that need a little rehab and then rent them out. I feel that I have found a few potential deals and am very eager to make offers. I know that investing in areas you don't live in brings challenges; however, that is the type of investor I would want to be even if I was back in the U.S. 

I have a cell phone that can call any number back in the states as well as access to WiFi 24/7. I would always be able to stay in contact with my agent, PM, and contractor. I am just wondering if anyone has attempted to invest in properties while they are in a different country. Is it even possible, and if so what challenges did you run into? I really want to start my portfolio sooner than later so any advice would be wonderful. Thanks!

0Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.