What books/blogs/podcasts do you recommend for real estate?

3 Replies

Over the past 2-3 years I’ve been tiptoeing around the idea of investing in real estate. Particularly in the multi-unit residential arena.

This past February with the birth of our twins and the adoption of our two girls (7 and 9) in the new few weeks I’ve decided tip toeing wasn’t going to get it done.

I’ve purchased a few books, and I’ve been reading and working on understanding the real estate ‘language’. I’m hoping do get ideas of what others have read/listened to in order to prepare for jumping in?

Thank you in advance.

BJ

Cincinnati

Well...that's a pretty broad question. My answer would be it depends on what your strategy and goals are. Any of the BP books are great. You can find them in the bookstore. Tune in to the podcasts or webinars on here to get some good basic knowledge. They cover almost every topic or go back in the archives and search for a specific topic. Every real estate investment niche that I'm aware of is well represented somewhere on BP so it just takes some searching to find what you're looking for. 

@William Durel - Being that you are here on BiggerPockets, I will assume you have listened to the BP Podcast. If not, pull that up, make sure your Podcast app settings are set to play oldest first and let it roll. Check out some of the webinars. Define a criteria of what you are looking to start your REI journey and then start researching properties online. Run numbers using BP calculators (I feel like that math helps build confidence).

Related to books. I will offer my favorites so far (I am interested in buy and hold).   I wouldn't mind immediate cash flow, but my goal is loan pay down and future net worth and cash flow -- I can wait.

• Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert T Kiyosaki
  • Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant Guide to Financial Freedom – Robert T Kiyosaki
  • The Richest Man in Babylon – George S Clason
  • The Millionaire Real Estate Investor – Gary Keller
  • The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No and Low Money Down - Brandon Turner
  • Real Estate Investing for Everyone: A Guide to Creating Financial Freedom - Martin Stone