Do we need a Tub or just a Shower

4 Replies

Hello.

I'm flipping a small 2/1. The bathroom needs a total update, but I can't decide of I want to get rid of the tub or not. Please give me your opinion. This will be a fix flip 780 sqft 2\1 with an ARV of 105000

Personally, I would always want to go with the tub instead of the shower because even though the tenant may never use it, they will notice it is not there.  Also, if they have a child then they will want one as well.

The other side is that if the area is more of a single/dating area and little to no families then the shower might be better.  

Bottom line for me is what is going on in the area?  If you were to NOT have a tub, would that stand out against 4-5 other listing that have a tub?  I personally would rather use the fact it is a "New Tub" and stay conforming on this issue withing a given area.  

But these are just my thoughts. 

Steve

Originally posted by @Raeshal Solomon :

Hello.

I'm flipping a small 2/1. The bathroom needs a total update, but I can't decide of I want to get rid of the tub or not. Please give me your opinion. This will be a fix flip 780 sqft 2\1 with an ARV of 105000

I just picked up a 2/2 (no tub) in a 55+ community and the owner had taken out the tub to make a nice 2nd shower. 

It's been tough for him to sell, so I got it at a great price. 

People expect tubs and it's easier to find a property with a tub than to have one installed.