• Houston, TX
Votes |
Active Duty military trying to get into Real Estate

Abraham Trevino
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jul 16 2019, 19:02

Hello all,

I am 22 on active duty located in Houston, Texas. I purchased a home when I was 21 and have put a tenant into it to move closer to work. If possible I would like to try and BRRRR this house but I don't know where i'd go about rehabing it. My round trip drive was pushing 2 hours a day and I wasn't having it anymore. I now live in an apartment less than a mile from my job so I bike almost everyday. I am not married so this is all on a single income, I also have no car loan, no student debt and no credit card debt. I am fortunate to have the VA loan available to me so house hacking a multi family is definitely an option. I really would like to learn more and start using the BRRRR strategy. I'm probably approaching this the wrong way by saving up as much as I can and then dumping all of that into a place. I have around 10k to get into another property but finding something in this market isn't easy for me. I want to have at least five properties before I transition out which is in about two years. Overall I would like to purchase a cash flowing property by the end of the year. Any advice or where or how to get started would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your words of wisdom.

Loading replies...