Mid Fifty Couple Inheritance

2 Replies

My husband and I will be inheriting a nice sum of money soon. We watch youtube videos on BRRRR, Flipping, Wholesaling, Subject to blah, blah, blah. We've read books on BRRRR, Landlording, Estimating, etc. After dousing ourselves in 'knowledge' we feel overwhelmed. AND we feel we missed the boat due to our age. Out of shape, broken bodies (LOL) we can't do a lot of what you 'youngin's' are doing. I'd like to hear about people our age starting out or who have been doing this for a couple of years. Anyone our age just starting this type of investing?

Have you analyzed and deals yet? That would be the first part and when you analyze enough you will easily recognize a good deal and then just pull the trigger to start. Or try partnering with someone. I am a younger investor who does not have a lot of money saved up so I am currently looking to partner with others who have the money to invest and great a win win for everyone. Passive income from rentals could definitely support you as you want to retire. 

Yep. I'm in the same boat as you. Still hoping to buy our first single family rental.  I've been watching the local market closely. I have a realtor and I know the neighborhoods pretty well. I'm learning rent prices and home prices, and ready to jump in. Made 2 offers but was too low. I'm considering a couple nearby cities, but noticing prices are quite different. It will take more research to learn those markets. Best of luck to you.

Drew Heiss

Promotion
BiggerPockets
The one-stop-shop for REI
Find Local Home Improvement Pros!
Check out our network of trusted, local contractors for all of your home improvement projects.
Find a Contractor