Refinancing Rental And Getting Initial Investment Back

Refinancing Rental And Getting Initial Investment Back

Rental Property Investor · Shreveport, LA · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 0 votes

Let’s say that I have completed the needed work on a rental property, and I get the reappraisal and refinance completed. How exactly do I go about getting my initial investment back? During the refinance portion do they just cut me a check for the newly acquired equity in my house? This is one step that seems confusing to me.

0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2018 · 974 posts · 645 votes
    7y

    Yes, when you do a refinance and you take cash out. When you close on your refinance (just like closing on a house purchase) you will receive the funds in check or direct deposit form. Pretty easy. It sounds odd, but that is how it works, tax-free money.  You created that equity from your work, you get the rewards. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.