House flipping mentorship program.

4 Replies

Seeking advice on deciding if I should go fourth with a 6 month fast track couching program for flipping houses into turnkey rentals, with fixandflip hub. The program last 6 months and costs 15,000. Just looking for some input before I spend that much money.

No! Hell no! and in case you didn't understand that NOOOOOOO!!!!! You obviously haven't spent much time on here because there are MANY threads about these courses being absolutely useless or close to. Dedicate the same amount of time that course was going to take and read these forums and you will know more than most flippers in your area in 6 months 

Originally posted by @Shayne Stuart Dawe :

Seeking advice on deciding if I should go fourth with a 6 month fast track couching program for flipping houses into turnkey rentals, with fixandflip hub. The program last 6 months and costs 15,000. Just looking for some input before I spend that much money.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how you like to learn. There are no real secrets out there. Programs supply the information in a quick and easy to digest format but if you want you can find some of the information for free and some of it's going to be local to you and require you to get deep into the construction industry. In a nutshell the skills needed to be good at flipping houses are as follows

• The ability to market to distressed sellers. 
  • The ability to sell the sellers on closing a deal with you.
  • The ability to accurately estimate repair scope and cost.
  • The ability to manage a construction crew and come in on time as well as within the budget.
  • The ability to accurately estimate the eventual resale vale of the property.
  • The ability to market and sell the property.

There's nothing wrong with paying for a coaching program to start the foundation of your business as anyone new to any sort of industry would gain a lot of value from getting that guidance in the early stages. 

With that being said, please please please do yourself a favor and research whatever company you're going to partner with and make sure they're a legitimate resource for you. It's basically a job interview - what are their past project? how many deals have they done? can you speak to their current and past clients? If they're unable to supply that information and reply that they are not organized in that regard then it's probably not the type of system thats going to be able to track your progress and allow you to grow. 

The gut of every business is KPI (Key Performance Indicators) - make sure they show that to you. You can gauge your success based on that. What cannot be measured cannot be managed. 

@Shayne Stuart Dawe I took a couple of these lower dollar classes before and they seem to give you just enough nuggets to get you interested in the next higher dollar class. I also found that some of the information they give you is wrong. I have found that this forum and REI classes in your local area are much greater way to learn.

Just my take

Jane