finally trying to take my first step in real estate investment

5 Replies

I've had analysis paralysis for a long time now, today I finally took the first step in the right direction. I'm currently negotiating a deal for four single family homes in a small town in Georgia with a wholesaler. I still don't know how I'm going to fund this deal I've got about half the purchase price in cash but I still need to worry about the other half and rehab cost, but I've heard so many times find a good deal and it will come together. I'm scared, nervous, and excited all at the same time. But I'm proud I finally decided to do something. I've got an agent helping me with ARV and a contractor providing repair cost. It's finally time to start making things happen!

You went from not being able to do one deal to bitting off 4 at once? I would learn lessons with one at a time or partner with someone. Don't let this wholesaler take you for a spin. They will tell you anything to close a deal.

@Curtis White

I'd echo caution as well. When I first started I searched for months then saw two properties that met my criteria and wanted to buy them both simultaneously. I was so gungho, and bummed at the time I only got one but boy am I glad I didn't get both now. There is no substitute for experience and there are things you just can't learn otherwise. Good luck and I hope it all goes according to plan.

Andrew