Change of Investment Plans

3 Replies

Hello BP Community,

I am looking for ALL feedback. I am still a newbie but have been reading in the BRRRR method and just as i was going to pull the trigger i find out that i will no longer be residing in the US, I am receiving a promotion and have a child on the way. To my point I have narrowed my sights on two vehicles, long distance investing or note investing. I will be stationed in Germany for 3-4 years. I have about 25k to invest which vehicle do you think would be best? Please be honest and brutal, even now ideas are welcome. Thanks

Anthony

Aspiring Investor 

That's a lot to juggle. Acclimating to a country halfway across the world while raising a young family. I am by no means a financial advisor, but if I found myself in a similar situation, I would start a Roth IRA, putting in the max contribution each of the next four years ($6k/year). Toss it in an a few broad ETFs or if I wanted to be a little more involved, picking a dozen blue chips and a few REITs to get my real estate fix. Best off luck on your next adventure!

I agree with Brandon, with a move to another country, a promotion, having a kid... I don't think I'd try to manage along distance BRRR. With $25,000 I don't think you can invest in more than 1 or 2 notes and that has quite a bit of risk if that is the only money you have to invest.Do some research and invest in index funds or index ETFs in a Roth IRA. When you are able to get into RE investing in the future, you can take out the contributions without any taxes or penalties.

@Anthony W.

I agree with the posts above. You do not want to invest in real estate without a team on the ground and it is not worth trying to manage from 6+ time zones away. You can park the money in a S&P 500 index fund while you save up to invest in real estate.