Should I Partner With a Contractor on a Flip?

Should I Partner With a Contractor on a Flip?

Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes

I am a Realtor in Central Phoenix, which is a pretty hot market right now. I want to potentially do a flip but know just trying to find out where to start. I am wondering if I should partner with a contractor so they have some skin in the game. Does anyone have any advice on this subject?

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Evansville, IN · Member since 2019 · 142 posts · 208 votes
    6y

    @Michelle Kozak

    I look at it this way: which route makes me the most money: bid vs partnering?

    If it's a multi month project then I want small draws until its sold with the draws deducted from my share of the profits.

  • Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2012 · 640 posts · 457 votes
    6y

    @Michelle Kozak maybe if it's someone you've worked with in the past or trust completely. Otherwise, it sounds like a recipe for problems. 

  • Realtor · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2017 · 541 posts · 442 votes
    6y

    I'm not a fan of partnering personally. Especially if you're taking on all the risk

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.