Rental Property Investor · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 7 votes
Im looking to purchase my first unit and would like to house hack. The unit im considering does not meet the 50% rule standard while I occupyit but would meet it when both units are renting. Is this a bad investment?
Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y
We need a lot more info to help you determine if this is a good or bad investment, @Nicholas Standford. The fact that it will hit the 50% rule when a pure investment property means it's worth exploring further. If you post all of your numbers, the community will be happy to weigh in.
Rental Property Investor · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 7 votes
6y
@Jaysen Medhurst i appreciate the response and youre definitely right, more info is needed. Thankfully though I backed out of the unit i was considering after finding out more about out, too much work for this newbie. When i find a different one I will send you my numbers, any input would be appreciated.