Pro Member
  • Wyoming, MI
Votes |
Landlording vs Managing Rentals

Joseph Greene
Pro Member
  • Wyoming, MI
Posted Nov 4 2019, 13:18

Good day community. So I've just received a pre-approval for a home and am looking for a duplex as I am a bit nervous about considering a larger multi-unit. 

I do not know anything about landlording or managing real estate or tenants so I thought it would be a good idea to learn :-) That being said, does anybody have any experience or preference on reading either Brandon Turner's The Book on Managing Rental Properties and/or Mike Butler's Landlording On Autopilot

Amazon has both books ranked with 5-star reviews from 87% and 85% of purchasers respectively, so it's not a question of 'which book is better', I don't believe. I plan to purchase both books, but as a completely 'wet behind the ears' beginner, I'm wondering if the community can help me answer this 'burning' question: Which book might be a better use of my time first? 

I have read Brandon's No and Low Money Down book, listened to his podcasts and he obviously has a gift for breaking down complex concepts into simple to understand layman's (sp?) terms. 

Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Loading replies...